|Graduate Women Manawatu (GWM), a branch of Graduate Women New Zealand (GWNZ), created its Charitable Trust in 1989.
The aim of GWNZ is to advocate for and support the education of women and girls especially at tertiary level. GWNZ is affiliated to Graduate Women International (GWI) which was formed to advocate for women and for peace after WW1.
The GWM Charitable Trust earns its income from the hire of academic regalia, owning the Academic Dress Hire business currently situated on the Massey University Manawatu campus. Annually, approximately $100,000 of this income is disbursed locally and nationally to support the education of women and girls.
Examples of local giving are:
Charities Registration No: CC31226
1. Details on the GWM Charitable Trust Post Graduate scholarships for Massey University students click here
2. Details on the GWM Charitable Trust Awards for UCOL students click here
3. Details on the GWM Charitable Trust Zonta Manawatu Women in Science & Technology Awards for Massey University students click here
4. Details on the GWM Charitable Trust New Horizons for Women Trust Second chance Education awards for women click here
5. Details on GWNZ National scholarships and awards click here
Click here “Awardees” link to read about recent awardees.